HEROIC Cybersecurity (HEROIC.com) is looking for an experienced Data
Center Storage Administrator / System Administrator our IT services team.
Your primary role will be for management of a onsite and offsite data storage
capability for our key clients, including backup management through disaster
recovery systems. Our data storage system includes multi-node SAN’s
supporting medical applications with 24x7x365 support in addition to offsite
long term (tier-2) protected storage.
The right candidate will possess a high level of experience with a well-
rounded development background. We are looking for an administrator who
can understand critical requirements, interface with our development team
and develop innovative and effective solutions with a high-quality user
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manage client onsite storage systems including multi-node SAN’s (Dell, Netapp), interim storage (Synology).
- Configure and manage remote cloud storage systems for Tier-2 long term storage.
- Manage disaster recovery planning to ensure long term capabilities are maintained.
- Develop and implement effective data storage strategies.
- Provide ongoing support and resolution for ongoing issues, as required.
- Manage corporate IT storage systems and related servers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline
- At least 5 years of experience with administering Netapp and Dell Storage
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of basic TCP/IP networking concepts (network interfaces, switches, routing, VLANS, etc)
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 2012/19 server operating system (Microsoft certification or equivalent work experience)
- Experience with Microsoft scripting languages such as VBScript and Powershell
- Experience with working in cloud environment (AWS/Azure/Google)
- Good analytical and troubleshooting capabilities
- Experience with SAN implementations and related technologies such as iSCSI and NDMP networking protocols and disk management concepts such as RAID groups, Aggregates and LUNs
- Experience in cybersecurity and techniques for securing software
applications is a plus