HEROIC is seeking a Senior Software Development Manager to help build and lead our team of software engineers. You will be responsible for helping to drive the development of sophisticated cybersecurity and blockchain solutions. The right candidate will possess a strong background leading a team of local and remote developers and will have proven experience managing software projects. You will also have a well-rounded software development background and are expected to spend some of your time coding. We expect this position to spend their time in the following manner: 70% coding and architecting, 30% management of projects and developers.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Management over HEROIC software projects.
- Management and training of local and remote software engineers.
- Architecting software applications, database systems and infrastructure for scale
- Research and evaluate third-party solutions to integrate into the HEROIC platform.
- Work with management to develop strategy and multi-year technology road maps
- Oversee and direct project/developer schedules and milestones
- Help build a world-class software development team.
- Oversee all aspects of the software development lifecycle including requirements analysis, project documentation, UI design, database & infrastructure management, quality assurance, security auditing, and maintenance.
- IT related bachelor's degree and/or at least 8 years of experience in software development.
- Experience managing software developers
- Experience with some of the following technologies: PHP, Laravel, MySQL, Cassandra, Linux, Java, ObjectiveC, HTML, Blockchain, etc.
- Hands on experience in software development lifecycle, agile and scrum experience desired.
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Must be able to take high-level directives and lead the effort of developing start-to-finish project plans based on internal project management framework & lifecycle processes.
- Experience securing software applications or working in the cybersecurity field preferred.
LOCATION: Provo, UT
POSITION TYPE: Full-time