HEROIC Cybersecurity (HEROIC.com) is seeking a seasoned PACS Administrator to help implement and manage HEROIC’s PACS support services. We are looking for someone who is ready to make a difference and help us build the future of security-focused IT services.
This role will perform all related activities for configuring, supporting, coordinating, troubleshooting, administering, and maintaining the systems and software that utilize medical imaging, PACS and other associated applications. A successful candidate will have the right mix of hands-on PACS experience, strong interpersonal skills, and technical skills.
What YOU will do:
- Responsible for the maintenance, management, and troubleshooting of our clients PACS systems
- Assists and provides support and configuration for other clinical applications such as EMR, worklist/workflow orchestrator, RIS, etc. as needed.
- Provide user support and training (radiologists and staff) on medical imaging applications/solutions
- Works with other IT team members and operational staff/end users and vendors on installations, testing and upgrades
- Communicates with end users to determine PACS needs, business requirements, workflow and functional specifications
- Assists with installs and maintains imaging workstation hardware and software
- Knowledge of current imaging protocols and HL7 standard and assists in the monitoring and troubleshooting of HL7 messaging between clinical systems
- Communicate with end users to determine RIS and PACS needs, business requirements, workflow and functional specifications
- Develops processes to improve end user workflow, including developing, maintaining and communicating of downtime procedures
- In depth knowledge of various radiology modalities and imaging informatics
- Work with the HEROIC Sales Team to define service abilities and to provide support as needed.
Knowledge, Experience, and Key Attributes needed for success:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (verbal and written) with internal/external customers and coworkers.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level understanding of technical interfaces and architecture for clinical apps
- Commitment to continuous learning and personal development.
- Commitment to continuing education on the various clinical applications/ product lines.
- Work hours- 8a-5pm CST M-F. After hour/on call work may be required if IT downtimes have created patient backlogs.
Educational and Certifications:
- 4-year degree in computer science or related informatics field or equivalent experience
- Radiology Technology or IT/Informatics degree/Training or CIIP.
- Computer skills – proficiency in Microsoft Products (Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPOint and Visio)
- Preferred experience in clinical process analysis, design, and improvement.
- Preferred experience in training clinical technology software.
- 1-3 years implementing and maintaining enterprise level PACS infrastructure and operational excellence
HEROIC Cybersecurity (https://HEROIC.com) is building the future of cybersecurity. Unlike traditional cybersecurity solutions, HEROIC takes a predictive and proactive approach to intelligently secure our users before an attack or threat occurs. Our work environment is fast-paced, challenging, and exciting. At HEROIC, you’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals dedicated to intelligently securing the technology of people all over the world.
LOCATION: Remote - Work from wherever you please! Your home, the beach, our offices, etc. Although the majority of this position is remote, You may be required to travel periodically, attend business meetings and conferences or meet with the team in person.
POSITION TYPE: Full-time