HEROIC Cybersecurity (HEROIC.com) is seeking a proven IT leader to help implement and manage HEROIC’s Security-Focused Enterprise IT Services. We are looking for someone who is ready to make a difference and help continue to build the future of security-focused IT services.
How YOU will make a Difference:
As a member of the IT Leadership Team, the IT Operations Manager is responsible for hands-on management of client implementations in the Chicago area and providing day-to-day operational management, guidance, support, and mentoring for a growing team of technology professionals. The Manager of IT Operations will be responsible for the architecture, reliability, and availability of HEROIC’s Security-focused Enterprise IT Services clients. This position is “hands-on” and the successful candidate will have the right mix of hands-on experience, strong interpersonal skills, and technical skills.
What YOU will do:
- Responsible for architecting, implementing and supporting the short/long-term infrastructure plans for HEROIC’s Security-focused Enterprise IT Services
- Day-to-day client infrastructure operations related to computer equipment, networking, data centers, databases, and other technology.
- Participation in periodic security audits, accountable for ensuring security controls are adhered to, systems are secure, and unauthorized access is prevented.
- Understand, document, and reduce technical and operational barriers using technology, software functionality and/or modification to procedures.
- Collaborate with leadership teams and auditors to ensure compliance with respective privacy and security laws. (HIPAA, GDPR, SOC, Etc)
- Collaboration with worldwide HEROIC IT personnel
- Establish, manage, and evolve the appropriate SLAs, KPI’s, and customer satisfaction measures that are aligned to business needs.
- Serve as a knowledge resource for information technology capabilities and best practices.
- Hiring and Management of additional IT Support Technicians
- Conduct operational activities in a manner that is process-driven and documented, including relevant change control practices.
- Manage vendor relationships and contracts to ensure appropriate levels of support while obtaining maximum value in the purchasing process.
- Foster a culture of innovation, transparency, and accountability.
- Work with the HEROIC Sales Team to define service abilities and to provide support as needed.
- Windows/Linux Server Management
Resource Management Functions:
- Manage staff, including appropriate roles/structure, supporting, coaching, mentoring, and developing a talented team of IT professionals.
- Manage and provide direction for the team in support of business objectives, setting clear goals, ownership, and accountability for scope, schedule, and quality.
Knowledge, Experience, and Key Attributes needed for Success:
- Healthcare-related IT Experience and/or industry knowledge
- BS/BA degree or comparable experience/certifications in IT Operations.
- Well versed in a broad set of technologies including networking, storage, service desk, cybersecurity, virtualization, cloud infrastructure (IaaS, PaaS), etc.
- Technically proficient with hands-on experience with many of the following:
- Microsoft Windows Servers, Linux
- Active Directory, SCCM
- Enterprise Networking
- Virtual environments
- Storage Technologies
- Endpoint Management, Computer Imaging
- Experience deploying and supporting cloud-based applications and infrastructure on AWS and Azure
- Cybersecurity Best Practices, HIPAA, and/or HITECH requirements.
- Must possess project management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfort presenting information to diverse groups, leading meetings and providing training in person and on the phone
LOCATION: Chicago, Illinois
POSITION TYPE: Full-time
HEROIC Cybersecurity (https://HEROIC.com) is building the future of cybersecurity. Unlike traditional cybersecurity solutions, HEROIC takes a predictive and proactive approach to intelligently secure our users before an attack or threat occurs. Our work environment is fast-paced, challenging and exciting. At HEROIC, you’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals dedicated to intelligently securing the technology of people all over the world.