HEROIC.com (HEROIC Cybersecurity) is seeking an IT Support Technician to help manage IT operations for our clients in Chicago, Ill, and surrounding areas. We are looking for someone who is ready to make a difference and help us build the future of security-focused IT services.
How YOU will make a Difference:
As a member of the IT Team, you will be responsible for hands-on management and support of our client's IT systems. You will install, configure, test, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot, and support hardware and software for the organization's users in a mixed Windows environment.
The successful candidates will have a mix of IT experience, strong interpersonal skills, and technical skills.
What you will do:
- Maintain and administer computer systems and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, application software, hosted software, and all configurations
- Providing IT support to users
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Work closely with the remote helpdesk team to resolve tickets
- Computer Installations and Imaging
- Inventory Management
- Software Management & Installations
- Participation in periodic security audits, accountable for ensuring security controls are adhered to, systems are secure, and unauthorized access is prevented.
- Gather data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements
- Assist in documentation and implement IT policies and procedures
Knowledge, Experience, and Key Attributes needed for Success:
- BS/BA degree or comparable experience/certifications in an IT related field.
- Well versed in a broad set of technologies including networking, storage, service desk, cybersecurity, virtualization, cloud infrastructure (IaaS, PaaS), etc.
- Experience with any of the following:
- Microsoft Windows, Linux
- Active Directory, SCCM
- Enterprise Networking
- Virtual environments
- Storage technologies
- Endpoint Management, Computer Imaging
- Experience deploying and supporting cloud-based applications and infrastructure on AWS and Azure
- Cybersecurity Best Practices, HIPAA, and/or HITECH requirements.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
Not required but would love to see:
- Healthcare-related IT Experience and/or industry knowledge is a plus
- Experience working with remote/offshore teams
- Project Management Training or experience (including software)
- Work experience with an MSP or MSSP
- Spanish Language Skills
OFFICE LOCATION: Chicago, Illinois
HEROIC Cybersecurity (https://HEROIC.com) is building the future of cybersecurity. Unlike traditional cybersecurity solutions, HEROIC takes a predictive and proactive approach to intelligently secure our users before an attack or threat occurs. Our work environment is fast-paced, challenging, and exciting. At HEROIC, you’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals dedicated to intelligently securing the technology of people all over the world.