HEROIC.com is looking for an experienced legal professional who will provide creative and proactive legal guidance. The right person for this role must have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, a desire to contribute to a constantly evolving business and be motivated to learn the company's business divisions. This is a part-time, position of which we would expect 15+ hours per week.
- Review entity structuring to maximize company goals.
- Work closely with accounting and finance personnel to plan for investment and capital raises
- SEC and state securities law filings and reporting obligations
- Review legislation regarding cryptocurrency, blockchain and distributed ledger technologies to provide guidance on possible investment opportunities
- Corporate governance, board and shareholder resolutions, consents, directors meetings, shareholder meetings, and minutes
- Review of company stock option agreements
- Trademark, patent and other intellectual property protection
- Stay on top of changing regulations, laws, and industry standards
- Effectively work with a variety of business stakeholders to develop and implement practices and standards that support innovation and growth while maintaining appropriate commercial risk.
- Draft and negotiate customer-facing commercial agreements, including requests for proposals (RFPs), master services agreements, licensing agreements, statements of work, non-disclosure agreements, and other supporting documents.
- Support and/or lead department projects and initiatives designed to improve legal service delivery within the businesses.
- Review and ensure compliance with all federal, state and local government regulations as applicable to the business.
- Assesses, manage and anticipate organizational risk and support the organization's operations with prompt, sound legal advice. Manage the strategic direction of the legal department.
Education and Experience:
- Law degree from ABA-accredited law school and membership in good standing of any state bar
- Five or more years of relevant experience, preferably with a mix of law firm and in-house experience.
- Deep experience in drafting and negotiating customer-facing commercial agreements.
- Experience working in the cybersecurity, information technology, software industries.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills essential.
- Demonstrated ability to apply innovative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound, practical business judgment while working autonomously.
- Ability to work independently, but in a team environment.
LOCATION: Remote - Work from wherever you please! Your home, the beach, our offices, etc. Although the majority of this position is remote, You may be required to travel periodically, attend business meetings, conferences or meet in with the team in person.
HEROIC Cybersecurity (HEROIC.com) is building the future of cybersecurity. Unlike traditional cybersecurity solutions, HEROIC takes a predictive and proactive approach to intelligently secure our users before an attack or threat occurs. Our work environment is fast-paced, challenging and exciting. At HEROIC, you’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals dedicated to intelligently securing the technology of people all over the world.
POSITION KEYWORDS: Lawyer, Legal, Attorney, legal advice, contract law, corporate law, pro-bono, pro bono,copyright law, cryptocurrency, chief legal officer, legal assistant, work-from-home, at-home, remote work