HEROIC is looking for driven IT Security professionals with strong technical aptitude to join us as Security Engineers. Your job will be to ensure that our company’s and our clients’ devices, networks, services and applications, are secured against the latest threats. HEROIC.com offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be provided the tools, resources and leadership to help take your career to the next level!
- Administration and operational support of security monitoring and management systems
- Utilizing, tuning, and administering security tools such as anti-virus, endpoint protection, email protection, SIEM, and other essential security solutions
- Monitoring, analyzing, and interpreting security/system logs for events, operational irregularities, and potential incidents and escalating issues as appropriate
- Monitoring sensitive data on the network to ensure proper security controls are utilized to protect such data
- Perform periodic internal/external vulnerability scans on inventory of corporate assets to evaluate the security configuration of systems
- Use threat hunting security tools and intelligence information to identify and remediate potential security threats
- Research and remain aware of new and emerging threats to ensure newly discovered vulnerabilities are addressed
- Assist in performing network audits, security reviews, system control mapping, process documentation, control testing, deficiency remediation, gap analysis/assessments, and audit preparation
- Assist in documenting Standard Operating Procedures and System Configuration Standards
- Communicate security metrics to management
- Passion for Cybersecurity and Protection
- Proven experience testing, auditing and securing servers and web applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to articulate complex technology concepts to a broad range of staff
- Functional understanding of IT infrastructure, information security, and compliance controls
- Solid understanding of information technology and information security including firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN’s, security event monitoring, and other security systems with an emphasis on control implementation and risk management
- Ability to prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Proven work experience in IT Security
- Comfortable with multiple, current operating environments
- Hands-on experience with various security tools, including SIEMs, Vulnerability Scanners, Threat Intel tools, Endpoint Protection, AV.
- Security+, CompTIA A+, MTA, or other Vendor certifications for firewalls, network devices, operating systems, or other recognized security certification is preferred
- Formal education or degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science or related field with industry certifications or equivalent
LOCATION: Remote - Work from wherever you please! Your home, the beach, our offices, etc. Although the majority of this position is remote, You may be required to travel periodically, attend business meetings and conferences or meet with the team in person.
ABOUT HEROIC Cybersecurity:
HEROIC Cybersecurity (https://HEROIC.com) is building the future of cybersecurity. Unlike traditional cybersecurity solutions, HEROIC.com takes a predictive and proactive approach to intelligently secure our users before an attack or threat occurs. Our work environment is fast-paced, challenging and exciting. At HEROIC.com, you’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals dedicated to intelligently securing the technology of people all over the world.
Keywords: SIEM, White hat, Black hat, Antivirus, Blue team, Red team, Purple Team, SOC, Kali Linux, Wireshark, Metasploit, Burp Suite, NMap, Security Operations Center, CISSP, CCSP, Penetration Tester, CEH, OSCP, SSCP