ABOUT HEROIC Cybersecurity:
HEROIC Cybersecurity (https://HEROIC.com) provides protection against hackers and cyber threats. Our mission is to intelligently protect the world's information against known and unknown cyber threats. Unlike traditional cybersecurity products, HEROIC takes a predictive and proactive approach to intelligently secure our users and their technology before an attack or threat occurs. Our work environment is fast-paced, challenging and exciting. At HEROIC, you’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals dedicated to intelligently securing the technology of people all over the world.
HEROIC Cybersecurity is looking for an experienced database administrator to work with our development team to manage the overall performance, stability, and effectiveness of our cloud database systems. We receive hundreds of unique datasets every month that need to be properly formatted, cleaned and inserted into our master database on a daily basis. This position will be in charge of our all database management responsibilities.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Install, configure and maintain our production Cassandra, Solr and Spark databases
- Manage the security and integrity of the databases and the data.
- Confer with technical staff and cross-departmental team members to plan, design, develop, implement, and enhance database applications, scripts, procedures, processes, and metadata.
- Code and maintain software scripts and processes to quickly import data into the database
- Daily processing of unique datasets to format, clean and load into our databases.
- Keep up-to-date on emerging database architectures, technologies, and methodologies.
- Help visualize the data being inserted into the database.
- Fluent in English
- Expert in Cassandra Database Administration (Datastax)
- Experience using SOLR and Apache Spark
- Expert knowledge of Linux/Unix operating system
- Hands-on experience in software development lifecycle, agile and scrum experience desired.
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Must be able to take high-level directives and lead the effort of developing start-to-finish project plans based on internal project management framework & lifecycle processes.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, deal with ambiguity, and prioritize multiple projects.IT related bachelor's degree and/or at least 5 years of experience in software development.
- Experience securing software applications or working in the cybersecurity field preferred.
LOCATION: Provo, UT
POSITION TYPE: Full-time
KEYWORDS & TECHNOLOGIES USED: Cassandra, Spark, SOLR, Apache, Kafka, Python, Linux, AWS, Jira, Git, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, TensorFlow, Theano, Torch, PHP, Laravel, MySQL, PostgreSQL.